Monday, February 4, 2008

Run #13 Sat 2/2

Saturday, and time for a big run. Planned to go on a really long route, so spent the morning eating and drinking lots (of healthy stuff). Went out about 4ish, out to Box, or at least the woods over the town, then down through the centre, along the road to Batheaston, and back up (cutting across the fields). About 8 miles all told, home about 5.15.

Had a good run, was full of energy, was running long distance, kind of in the flow.... Rather annoyingly, this running bug seems to have bitten. I quite like going for a nice long run, it's now easy enough to do it (ie without puffing/panting/stopping) and it's quite relaxing, as bizarre as that sounds. Still find it boring sometimes, but once I get past the 2 miles, it all seems to smooth itself over.

Anyway, towards the end of the 8 miler, my right leg - it's always trouble - developed a bit of a twinge in it's shin. Kind of came and went, but was a sharp, infrequent pain. I've not done that distance for, well, ever, so I think it could have been that. Gave me pain sometimes when i'd stand up, but eased with walking. So maybe I stressed summit. My legs feel 'harder' than they did, perhaps all this exercise is paying off.

Took it easy on Sunday, and i'll see what happens this week.

No comments: